Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Letter From My Mother

8 years ago Mom gave me a letter. It was on the day that we went to see "Anne of Green Gables the musical" at Centerpointe Theater in Ottawa. The letter has meant alot to me over the past 8 years. I wanted to share some excerpts of the letter with you.


Dear Erin Sarah Deanna, April 30, 2003

I love you. I am thankful for the time here with you today at "Anne of Green Gables" More then the play - I am glad to be here with you! I can't think of another woman or girl I'd rather be here with.


I look so forward to our years together as your father and I teach and train you... "That our daughters may be as cornerstones, polished after the similitude of a palace" (Psalm 144:12)


It will be very rewarding to learn with you as we train you in the ways of the Lord. "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" (1 Cor. 3:19a)


May the Lord bless you and keep you my dear daughter. I love you. "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain - but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised".


Love, Mommy xoxoxo

2 comments:

Sally (Mom) said...

You know I tend to be a little on the private side but I have to remember that this blog is about you and not me. You are a beautiful, lovely daughter. As you drove down the driveway today (heading to work in my little Honda) with your travel mug of "good for you tea" (remember she works at a health food store), I was reminded of how time goes by so quickly and I need to make the most of the days God gives me. You reminded me a bit of Nancy Drew just without the dark blue convertible and tan cotton suit. So I guess I will say good-bye "Anne" and hello growing up (too quickly) daughter. I know you thought your Daddy may give you a little Nancy Drew convertible for your 18th coming up but remember she was fiction and you my sweet girl are very real. Lots of love..

Erin said...

Thanks for the kind comment Mom! I love you too.